Friday, June 22, 2012

Happy Friday

Hey everybody! I missed you :0)
I really new to work in some time for my blog. I have found blogging (reading and posting) to be therapeutic for many of us. I also know it helps keep me accountable. Last time I blogged I wrote about my struggles as a new bandster. Guess what, I am still struggling and am holding at 224.

I am not going to sweat it though. This is a process and I am going to get through it. I really feel like I am dieting right now. I can definitely eat more than 1 cup, but I try very hard not to. I usually stay within 1100-1200 calories a day, but I have found that carbs are the enemy 👿

Carbs are the cause of my weekend gains and during the week when I usually have very little carbs, I drop the weight quickly. I am so tired of this back and forth.

My first fill is not until July 3rd. That is 8 weeks after surgery! I want to call and see if it can be pushed up, but I don't want to sound desperate 😣 because I AM! Remember I just said I wasn't going to sweat it? I lied.

I have been exercising at least 4 times a week. It is usually a cardio workout and when I started I could barely get through, but now I feel much stronger. I still haven't been bitten by the exercise love bug, but I do it cuz I have to. Speaking of exercise, I have an NSV to report. I am able to fit into a sports bra that had been so small I couldn't get it on. I am not large chested but I have quite a wide back. I guess it's the little things that keep us going.

Puh-Leez send me some happy skinny thoughts. Have a great weekend everyone.

6 comments:

  1. 8 weeks until your first fill? Holy cow, woman! My doc said 4-6 weeks was standard for a normal first fill, but I only made it to like 3 1/2 weeks. I was 100% in bandster hell. Hope you're able to get a fill soon. Keep on truckin'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, 8 weeks is nuts! I was banded a week after you and I'm having my second fill tomorrow (and thank god for that, because I was HOUNGRY about two weeks out from surgery). You should totally call. It can't hurt to ask!

    I feel like I'm dieting, too. I don't limit carbs, but I make sure that I eat my protein first, which kind of naturally limits the amount of carbs that I eat on a 1200-calorie/day diet.

    Congrats on the NSV!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im going for my first fill on Tuesday about 5 weeks after surgery and I really feel I need it bad. I bet that may be your issue Reggie. I did not loose anything this week and really was not expecting too. I have been below 1500 calories, but close to that every damn day. Honestly, I am hungry !!!! my stomach is growling and the 1Cup is just not cutting it. I dont even feel I have any restriction whatsoever! You should see if you can go next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl you are strong! 8 weeks is a LOOONNNGG time to go before your first fill! You really should call, I don't think it's being desperate, I think it's knowing your body and being ready! Good luck! Nice to see you posting, hope to see more from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can do it!!! Great NAV...I love those guys!!;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fills will help. Be patient and you will see! I know how frustrating it can be. :) I have the same issue with doing well during the week, then blowing it on the weekend. I get so mad at myself!

    ReplyDelete