Monday, April 23, 2012

Rock Paper Scissors

Hey everybody..... I have missed blogging so much. I have been trying to post here and there, but my job has had me too busy to post anything. I can't believe they expect me to work, just kidding, kinda.

Anywho, I accidentally chopped off my fingertip yesterday while making cucumber salad. Please always remember to use the guard when using your mandoline, or you could lose a peice of your finger. I'd show you a picture, but it is NASTY. It really is just a tiny chunk, but the pain makes me feel like I am missing the ENTIRE finger.
This brings me to my post title. My husband and I like to play rock paper scissors whenever our daughter makes a stinky in her diaper. We believe that is the fairest way to decide who gets the prize. Because of my injury, all I have to do now I point at my stub and pout. I wonder how long I will be able to milk this :o) I would however, choose stinky diapers over having a tip less finger, just so you know.

I had my EGD last week. My doctor was running late, very late :o( The nurses told those of us waiting that we could come back tomorrow, but I had already taken the time off of work so I chose to stay. You know how they say not to eat after midnight? Well my procedure was scheduled for 1:00 in the afternoon so I knew that I would be starving, but I didn't go in until almost 7:00! I told my nurse that I was shrinking away and to recheck my weight because I was sure I was down 20 pounds. I think she appreciated my humor as she and the others were dealing with some serious biatches. I don't understand why people take things out on those who have no control over the situation. When my doctor finally got to me he stroked my cheek and said, "I am so sorry to keep you waiting." He is already fine, and now he is touching me in a non-medical fashion..... I can't wait until he does my banding just so he can touch me again, lol!
I think everything went well, I woke up very very chatty. Looking back, it was probably pretty weird. I told the anesthesiologist thank you for not making me feel like it was a lethal injection. I have my final appointment this Thursday and we will also be scheduling surgery. FINALLY and Hallelujah!

Guess What?!?!?!?!?! Remember the job I applied for? Well I was feeling very discouraged because I had not heard anything and I was told that I would hear something the next week. Well today, 3 weeks later I get a call about a second interview (I am popping and locking just thinking about it). I asked my friend on the inside, who is also on the panel for my second interview that they have narrowed it down to three candidates. I am feeling pretty good about my chances.

Finally, I must admit that I have not been good to myself. I have been sabotaging my efforts at a healthy lifestyle. I am afraid to even think about it, but I think deep down I am trying to see how big I can get before I go under the knife. How sick is that? I remember Cat telling me back when I started my blog that it is Last Supper syndrome. Whatever it is, it is a monkey on my back. I used to always be able to say that I had had at least one healthy meal per day, but I can't remember the last time that has happened. It has been quite a while since I have been active too. I do understand the struggle and  know that the Band won't be a magic fix, but I really need to get it together.

Well, that's all folks.  

7 comments:

  1. I am dying at the popping and locking!!! Funny Funny!! I so grew up in the 80's - love it ;)

    Wishing you TONS OF LUCK on your interview!! Knock em over and let us know!!

    Don't be so hard on yourself. Start getting healthier because what I have learned in almost 3 months is that they were all right - it's only a tool and we HAVE to put in a lot of work or our weight STALLS!!!!! Sending you strength!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa, I need all the strength and luck I can get.

      Delete
  2. The finger sounds nasty! Poor you. Good luck with the interview! Trust me, the band is NOT a magic fix, you will need to work hard and be disciplined, and you will have quite a while before you notice it taking effect... so, try hard now to manage your weight and start getting into the habits you will need to be successful post surgery. It will be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My finger is feeling much beeter today, but it is not a pretty sight :o)
      Thank you for your concern about treating myself better. I am turning over a new leaf today. I began logging my food into MFP again today. I need to to be aware of what I am doing in order to make a change.

      Delete
  3. I had last supper syndrome for the month before my surgery... put on about 8 extra lbs (two of the weeks before surgery were spent on vacation in Tunisia so that didnt help). Try to avoid it... it will make the transition a lot easier and not so brutal!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was afraid to get on the scale, but I did. Thank goodness I have not gained (knock on wood). I am back to logging my food. Hopefully that will help with keeping me accountable.

      Delete
  4. That stinks about the finger and the EGD! I'm sure most people would not have been able to have a good attitude waiting that long, especially after not eating all day!

    Good luck with the interview!

    ReplyDelete