Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I've got the blues

I am trying really hard not to have a bad week. The weather is gorgeous and I should be enjoying every moment of it. Instead, I am moping. I have been arguing with my husband, worried about my bad doctor appointment, and stressed about finances. I really need a vacation or something.
I saw my PCP on Monday to renew my blood pressure prescription. I had been out for a while, but my levels were normal for months (checked monthly for the Band).  I was floored to see it read 184/104. I knew that I wasn't feeling 'right' but I had no idea it was SO high. It scared me. I have been put on a new medication and have been making efforts to make heart healthy choices. I am only a couple of days into getting it together.  My husband was still giving me the silent treatment on Monday, so I did not tell him about it right away. He is a firefighter/EMT so he understands the seriousness of my HPB, but I didn't need the lecture at the moment. I did end up talking to him about it and it successfully ended the silent treatment, but we never talked about what had us mad at each other.
I told my PCP about my intent to get Banded and she was on board. With having a PPO plan I never even went to her to discuss it, I just went straight to the clinic for the consultation and started doing whatever was required. I am hoping that my HBP goes back down without the Band because who knows when that is going to happen. This waiting game really sucks. Monday 3/19 will make 6 weeks of waiting. I will be calling again on Monday for an update. I am sure they will tell me to keep waiting.

Before I forget, I wanted to say thank you for all the positivity and encouragement. It really makes my day.

10 comments:

  1. Sorry for the bad week. I completely understand how stressful this must be for you worrying about the high blood pressure and wanting to hear back from the band. I feel sure that if you hang in there things will get better. I know they will!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry you are having a rough week!!! Keep calling and pushing! It shouldn't be taking this long. The wait game is the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The waiting really is the worse part. Go take a walk, it almost HAS to help as nice as it is outside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep your chin up, girl...those kind of weeks suck the big one, I know it will get better...thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry you're having a crappy week! Here's hoping it looks up!

    One thing to think about - HBP will only help you get approved. I know no one wants it, but just trying to find the positive :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry about your bad week. I'm so glad you'll be getting back on your meds. That BP is high, take care o'you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never had to take blood pressure meds, but losing the weight I have so far has definitely helped my BP to go down a lot! I know that waiting is so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Men! What's with the silent treatment? That is so annoying. My fella has been known to pull that BS from time to time too. Aggravating!

    I hope your surgery approval gets done quickly. Waiting is really hard!

    I'm glad you caught the BP issue before it got more serious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh girl, I am sorry :(

    if you're anything like me, this funk will leave as quick as it came.

    just think of it this way - you've been overweight for how long? what's 6 weeks and even 6 more weeks in the big picture of it all? it's a lifetime of change, and is so worth it! as hard as that is to believe right now

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry you're having problems with your BP, hopefully getting on some medication will help! And I'll be praying that you can get it under control before your surgery.

    Glad to hear your PCP was on board with you, though! Can be pretty touch and go, depending on how educated they are about bariatric surgery. :)

    ReplyDelete