Thursday, May 10, 2012

Ten Things Thursday

Happy Thursday all!!! It has been a few weeks since I participated in TTT and I am excited to do so today.

  1. I just came back from a wonderful walk with my mother. It is beautiful outside and even though I still feel like a little old lady, I was able to get a few blocks in.
  2. I go back to work tomorrow. I am a little nervous about it, but I think I will be ok. I pretty much sit at my desk all day and I don't expect it to be more than I can handle.
  3. I am still not hungry. It is an odd feeling not to want to eat. My unflavored protein powder is gross but I do like the Atkins shakes. I don't know how long my indifference to food will last, but I am afraid that Bandster Hell will arrive with a vengeance.
  4. My baby girl is having a hard time with me not picking her up. She still goes to my Aunt's during the day while I am recovering, but she wants to cuddle when she comes home. I have been trying to get her to use the step stool to get up on the couch so that I can get some sweet baby lovin', but she would rather turn it upside down and drag around her toys in it.
  5. Haven't heard anything on the job front yet.
  6. My husband started a diet the day I was banded. He has gained about 30 pounds since the beginning of the year Most of that was in pop tarts and it was beginning to be an issue in fitting in his uniform. He is doing great and has been waking up early to get his p9ox in. I am very proud of him.
  7. I need to get a new battery for my laptop. I cannot use it without the powercord.
  8. I have gotten on the scale a few times, but I am not stressing over it... at least not yet. I was 238 on surgery day and the scale said 234 today. I do not have any expectations of major weight loss anytime soon, but I was happy to see a lower number. Lord, please don't let me lose my sanity over the scale!
  9. My mom has been watching food reality show marathons everyday that she has been here this week. She does not have cable and she is taking care of me, so I will not complain.
  10. I am at a loss for #10. I think I will be taking a little catnap.
Take Care!

4 comments:

  1. I obsessed over the scale the first few weeks. It really just about drove me crazy. I had to move the scale out of my bathroom...I took it upstairs since I only go up there about once a week to clean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like you are doing so well! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Throw the scale away!! You will be frustrated until at least fill #2 and don't do it to yourself!!

    So it sounds like your mom is doing better?!! I am SO happy to hear that!! Glad you are on the up and up - good luck on going back to work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bandster hell won't be here for another week or so, I bet. You have time! And I know next time you step on the scale (if you haven't already) it'll be a cause for celebration. :)

    Proud of you!

    Hope your little lady got some good mama lovin' on Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete